Category: Donate Written by Toan Ngo Hits: 755
Support The Big 33
Approaching its 54th Anniversary, the Big 33 enjoys a rich history both on the football field and off. Since 1985, over $3,900,000 has been raised for academic scholarships. This year, the Big 33 awarded 79 academic scholarships to high school seniors throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland.
“The Big 33 is Much More Than a Game”
Our philosophy is to make sure the PNC Big 33 Football Classic is much more that just a football game by building activities around the event involving Big 33 players, Big 33 cheerleaders, buddies, host families and scholarship winners.
The following are some highlights of a week long series of events culminating in the PNC Big 33 Football Classic played at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, PA.
- The Buddy Program: Players from Pennsylvania and Maryland are matched with a member of the “Buddy” team, a group of young people with exceptional needs. Together, players and buddies enjoy memorable experiences which will last a lifetime by sharing a lunch, the banquet, and game introductions.
- Host Families: During the Big 33 Week, players from both teams join a local host family. Relationships are formed which endure beyond the collegiate career of the player, creating a new “home away from home.”
- All Star Cheerleaders: 60 to 68 cheerleaders are selected from Central Pennsylvania high schools on the basis of ability and spirit. The squad also has a full week of practice and community activities, culminating with a spectacular halftime performance.
- Academic/Technical Scholarship Winners: Every academic/technical scholarship winner in Pennsylvania and Maryland is invited to the game to be honored as part of pregame activities. “It’s Academic.”·
- FCA Breakfast: Players, coaches and other Big 33 participants are invited to the Sunday morning Fellowship of Christian Athletes breakfast. The theme of sportsmanship in emphasized. Players and coaches exchange gifts.
- Big 33 Honors Banquet: The Big 33 Week culminates with the annual awards banquet, held on the eve of the game. Sponsors, Buddies, Cheerleaders, Players, Host Families, Parents and Special Guests enjoy an evening of fellowship and camaraderie. Youth Clinics: Both Big 33 cheerleaders and the Pennsylvania team teach and interact with local youth through this interaction. Dreams are created.
Please Click Below To Donate and Support The Big 33!