Written by Toan Ngo Hits: 28808
Big 33 Scholarships
Attention Seniors! 2013 Scholarship applications will open January 6, 2014 thru February 28, 2014. Counselor Deadline to certify applications is March 7, 2014
The Scholarship Committee Meeting is scheduled for April 26, 2014
What is a Traditional Big 33 Academic Scholarship?
Big 33 Scholarships provide financial assistance to high school seniors who exhibit excellence in a well rounded educational and extracurricular program. The scholarships are made possible by the Annual Big 33 Football Classic and its scholarship sponsors, and are administered by the Big 33 Scholarship Foundation.
Who is eligible?
Current Pennsylvania High School Seniors enrolled in a public or accredited private school in Pennsylvania who have attained a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA on a 4.0 scale) for the previous two academic years (grades 10 and 11)planning to continue his/her education beyond high school in an accredited institution of higher education or technical school
Dear High School Senior Counselor:
Beginning January 6, 2014, scholarship applications for the 2013/2014 school year will be processed through our website, www.big33.org. The Big 33 Scholarship Foundation and PHEAA/AES are continuing our partnership to provide the automated scholarship application process. If a student meets the requirements of multiple scholarships, please encourage them to apply for each. PHEAA/AES will open their help desk on January 6, 2014. PLEASE encourage your students to apply! Deadline for Students to apply is February 28, 2014. Counselor deadline is March 7, 2014.
- High school guidance counselors in Pennsylvania log into the Big 33 website www.big33.org and connect to the counselor link within the "scholarship" section of the site to create your account.
- At the counselor log-in screen, click on the link for "Create an Account".
- Enter the eight-character alphanumeric school code in the "school verification code (SVC)". All school verification codes consist of capital B-the number ZERO AND your school's CEEB code
- Create a User ID and Password. Your user ID must be at least six characters long. Your password must be at least eight characters long
- Complete all demographics information, including the 2 hint questions.
- You are responsible for reviewing the application, entering the grades and certifying the application. PLEASE READ THE ESSAYS FOR CONTENT AND ACCURACY. ESSAYS ARE TO BE 600 WORDS.Applications that are not certified will not be accepted as completed applications and the students will not be eligible.
Counselors Who Are Currently Registered:
- High school guidance counselors in Pennsylvania log into the Big 33 website www.big33.org and connect to the counselor link.
- You can use your current logon and password. Please note, that the Big 33 office does not have this information. If you cannot remember or are having trouble logging on, please call our help desk for assistanceat 1-866-518-0473, which will be available January 6, 2014.
- You are responsible for reviewing the application, entering the grades and certifying the application. PLEASE READ THE ESSAYS FOR CONTENT AND ACCURACY. ESSAYS ARE TO BE 600 WORDS. Applications that are not certified will not be accepted as completed applications and the students will not be eligible
- PHEAA/AES HELP DESK: 1-866-518-0473 (to reset user name and password)
- BIG 33 OFFICE: Carolyn K. Raup, 717.774.3303 X 2
College Search Programs: www.educationplanner.org
Financial Aid: www.pheaa.org
Career & College Exploration: www.educationplanner.org
or Call 1-866-518-0473
Or Visit Our Official Student Loan Lending Company by clicking on The PNC